Here are my top washbag tips for backpackers.
1. Get a washbag with a hook or some sort of device for hanging it up.
The reason for this is if you are travelling in hostels the bathrooms might be dirty or not have sufficient surface space for you to put down your washbag. With a hook you will have additional options such as hanging it on the back of a door.
2. Pack light – Can you reduce the size or any of your products or condense them into smaller packaging?
For example rather than take a bottle of shampoo and conditioner I take a lush shampoo bar and conditioner bar. These take up much less room in my bag and last just as long. I also take smaller sizes of my face cleanser, makeup remover ect. Personally I have chosen to avoid travel sizes as I am going for a long time and don’t want to be constantly shopping for new travel size bottles whilst I am away.
3. Think about whether or not you will be checking in your bags or just travelling carry on?
If you are planning to travel carry on then you will need to consider reducing the amount to liquids you take. You will also need to ensure they are all in quantities less than 100ml and are stored in a transparent sealed bag to check through security. Check with your airline or airports website for any specific rules concerning liquids.
4. Make sure you don’t forget to pack any of your essentials.
To help with this when I am packing I make a list. To create my list I talk myself through my daily routine and write down each item I use. For example I get out of bed, go to the toilet, wet my toothbrush, apply some toothpaste. I then pick up my Foreo and massage in my Origins face cleanser. By planning in this way I have found that I have never forgotten an item.
What bag did I use?
My wash bag is by Reisenthel. It’s size XL in the lollipop print. I love how I can fit all my toiletries, makeup and hair care all in one place. The bag features a removable velcro mirror, a hook and net pockets so I can always find things quickly.
What’s in my wash bag?
- Cleanser – Origins Clean Energy, Gentle Cleansing Oil
- Toner – Origins A Perfect World Age Defence Treatment Lotion
- Eye Cream – Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream
- Moisturiser – Origins Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Moisturiser
- Makeup Remover – Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Water
- Foreo Luna Go for Combination Skin
Bath & Shower
- Shampoo – Lush Seanik Shampoo Bar
- Conditioner – Lush The Plumps Solid Conditioner
- Shower Gel – The Body Shop Wild Argon Oil Shower Gel
- Razor – Venus Pink Razor
- Moisturiser – The Body Shop Wild Argon Oil Body Butter
- Deodorant – Mitchum Advanced Control Unperfumed Roll On Deodorant
- Hairbrush – Orange Tangle Teezer
- Hair Grips
- Bobble Bands
- Hair Clip
- Eyeshadow – Benefit They’re Real Big Sexy Eye Kit
- Eye Pencil – Clinique Quickliner in Coffee
- Eyeliner – Benefit They’re Real Push Up Eyeliner
- Mascara – Benefit They’re Real Lengthening Mascara
- Lips – Benefit They’re Real Double the Lip in Nude Sandler
- Nail Varnish – Rimmel 60 Second Shine